Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year

Back to the normal routine after the Christmas Break in California. Hazen, for my birthday, agreed to let me purchase a video camera, so expect frequent movies on the blog!

I have decided to start making some changes in my life, call it my new-year's resolution. After careful thought, I have decided that I need to cut back on my hobbies, I just have too many and not enough time to dedicate to them. Falconry and Dressage (horse-back riding) both take up a lot of my time and one needs to go, and Falconry has won the battle. I will be selling my beautiful Andalusian/Thoroughbred cross Zabra to a new happy home, as soon as I find one. It was not an easy decision, but it is the right decision.



So that gives me more time to dedicate to Falconry and the Blog!! Though, I have decided that this blog will include non-falcory events, just to keep things interesting.

Musket will be spending the next several weeks loosing the 5 ounces she gained as a result of getting a nice fat meal every day without having to work for it. I'm sure she is not happy about returing to the "will work for food" routine, but I hope to have her back in shape in a few weeks so we can get that first kill!

Baby Rabbits for Sale? I have two baby rabbits that are just too cute to be hawk chow. When my sweet Mother-in-Law, Marthanne, threatened to break momma rabbit's neck if she hurt those babies when I told her I put mom back in with them, I knew I had to do something. She has developed a fondness for dark-colored baby rabbits, so Boo Bunny and Mittens need a home! If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.



That's it for updates, I think. My last post was pretty bland as far as the pictures were concerned, so I thought I'd make up for it today. Presenting, pictures of things I love part 1. (Love you all by the way, thanks for looking!)




TTFN!

3 comments:

Mari and Jeremy said...

I want a bunny!! Is there anyway to get it over here?

Flatwoods Falconry said...

The cost of shipping a bunny to you is much more than buying one one the store. I bought my breeding buck at a flea market for 5 dollars. They are cute though aren't they? A friend of mine told me that you can litterbox train a rabbit, she has one at home that uses a box to do it's business. Cool huh? I think though that I have found a home for these now. It's amazing how many people raise their hands when you are giving away free rabbits.

Melissa said...

Wow! Your horse is beautiful! I am sure she will find a good home. It's tough to let go of something you love, but now Musket will have more time from you! =) Loved the pics!