Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Nowhere

It's been four days now and still no sign of Musket. Hazen and I have gone back and checked three times, but still nothing. As I drive, I have been scanning tree-tops and power poles to see if she'll show up. I haven't seen a red-tail since I let her go.

It's been unseasonably cold the past two days and the wind has blowing steadily. She probably got herself up onto a nice breeze and pushed out of the area. I'm a little sad that I haven't had a chance to see her again, with the cold, I'd really like to be sure she has a nice solid meal. I'll keep looking for her, but I feel my chances of seeing her slipping away with every day.

On another note, I took my first horseback riding lesson in 3 months. Meredith (the lady who owns the barn) has a new warmblood horse that she let me ride for the lesson. He's just huge and his trot is unbelievable! The gal I was taking the lesson with rode him once at a trot without her stirrups and she bounced right out of the saddle and on the ground. She refuses to ride him any more! I had a lot of fun with him, but I'm seriously saddle sore this morning... eesh!

1 comment:

anika said...

Hey Anni, I've been in the field and haven't gotten to check out your blog, so I was shocked to hear that you let Musket go! I was relieved to read the post prior to this one and learn that it was your decision, and not Musket taking off. Still, it must be hard, especially after spending so much time with Musket... I can't wait to hear more about your adventures with your next bird! Take care! Love, anika