Friday, November 7, 2008

LOOOONG Week

After the excitement of Monday's free flight at home, this week has been relatively slow comparatively. Musket and I have plateaued. I have been flying her mid-day at work and she's been pretty slow to respond. Her weight has also leveled out, so I bought some beef that I let soak in water to get all the blood out of it and have been using that as our tidbit meat for the last day.

Yesterday night at the house, she managed to get her leash loose and I was outside when I heard this loud crash against the door. Guessing what happened, I peaked inside to see my bird looking at me with those hungry eyes. I went around to the other door and grabbed my glove. Once she saw it, she b-lined for me. I still had some left-over tidbits from our earlier session at work (since she was so slow to respond then, I decided that I needed to work on dropping her weight and that was more important than finishing the creance flying). Well, she got her tidbits. Oh well.

When I finished with my outside chores and came in to feed Sabel, I found a disaster in the laundry room. I guess she had gone for that window too. One of the living stone succulents had been knocked off the shelf, pot broken, and a bite taken out of it! I guess she really was hungry! I wonder if she saw a squirrel or bird through that window and she went for it.

I wanted to try to hunt her this weekend. I might try a hunt around the house and wait for one of those squirrels to show up and then ambush them. I need to get in touch with my sponsor and see what his plans are. I'd prefer to do the first hunt with him, but we'll see.

No comments: